Thursday, August 30, 2007
Friday, August 17, 2007
On the other hand, 60 days from now, I will be celebrating my 24th year of existence. And just like last year, I’m planning to throw a mini-birthday bash for the children at the San Pedro Drop-In Center for Street Children. I would love to share my blessings with these poor kids. My birthday treat for them last year would not be possible without the financial support from my friends back at home and also from those outside the country and within the different islands in the Philippines. One of my high school batchmate, now a Registered Nurse working at
This is Roldan, I really can't forget this little guy. When I asked for someone to volunteer to lead the prayer before meals, he actively raised his hand. Isn't it nice that these children knows how to pray? :)
Roldan enjoying his spaghetti :)
They gave me this lovely bouquet of red roses with the message below:
Thursday, August 16, 2007
Because it's Kadayawan Festival, fruits are very affordable, from the famous durian to the sweet lanzones. Our Inventory Control Officer went out to buy Ube for our ube fillings, and when he went back from the market, he was carrying two plastic bags full of lanzones and rambotan! yummy! :)
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
- How do you assess your performance this past year? Tell me why.
- Quantify your contributions.
- What do you think you are particularly good at?
- What are your weakest points in performing task at hand, if any?
- What are the key success factors?
- What are the problems, if any?
- Confidentially, whom do you find it difficult to work with, if there's anyone?
- Is there any system that you consider to be in need of immediate change?
- Which part of your job interests you the most?
- How about the uninteresting portion, if any?
- How do you see yourself in the company in both short- and long-term period?
- Is there anything or anyone you need to help you become more effective?
- Is there anything in your current job that has become redundant or would you wish to change?
- Are you happy?
- What do you think of my management style?
I feel happy knowing that our concerns, ideas and suggestions are also being given proper attention. It makes me feel important and it gives me the motivation to work harder. :)
Monday, August 13, 2007
This Bible quote made me pause and reflect. I got this quote from Eunice. She was ranting about this bad habit that she's been suffering lately. Little did she know that I too suffered this kind of sickness ever since I was in elementary. And I'm still fighting procrastination until these days. Just like her, I know that the change must start within me. I've read a lot of tips on how to deal with this kind of behavior. This is the only system that I really think helped me in solving my dilemma. I made my own to-do notebook and I always make sure that I have at least an hour every week to update my weekly schedule. For those who have some problem in dealing with procrastination, I suggest you visit this site. They are promoting self-management in order for an individual to achieve personal happiness. It worked for me. :) I'm a lot happier with this kind of system. I'm 50% close to my goal of being organized and systematic not only in work but in all aspects of my life. Slowly giving up my old self leads me away from self-destruction. And I know that God will continue to guide me through this journey. :)