Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Bukidnon & Cagayan Escapade -part two-

I've got nothing much to brag about my long vacation. Nothing spectacular. Spent the days sleeping and bonding with my high school barkada, Greavinci. It was actually his birthday last April 6 and the date fell on a Good Friday. *Geesh* A good day to celebrate! Hahaha :) Nakatipid sya! Since it was Good Friday, we're not allowed to eat meat. But during the night after going to the church, Greav's Dad decided to take us all to a dinner at a restaurant. And again, since it's Good Friday, all establishments are closed but we're still lucky to find a restaurant open. Hotel Valencia & Taipan Restaurant is open. They've got no choice actually because it's a hotel, and it should be open 24/7 even during holidays. So there, we celebrated Greav's birthday with a dinner and went home to watch the VCDs that we've rented the other day.

Saturday. Greav's first day of training at Pepsi, Cagayan de Oro City. I went after him (he left early around 4:00 in the morning). I traveled alone to the City of Golden Friendship. The night before, we have agreed to meet at LimKetKai Mall. That was my second time around to visit Cagayan de Oro City. But I've never got the chance to wander around. I've got limited time. Maybe some other time within this year. I'm planning to visit the place again now that Greav is working there. After his training, we just spent the afternoon at the mall, playing at the World of Fun and food trip. I had my first try of Japanese foods (manol ko daan! hahaha) at Rai-Rai Ken and also my first time to try one of the products of The Tea Square. I forgot the flavor of the Green Tea that Greav bought me, but I would like to recommend all of you to try their product. It's refreshing and healthy.

I went back to Davao just last Monday. I left Valencia City around 4:oo in the morning and I arrived here around 9:00AM. That gave me enough time to do my laundry and clean my room.I'm so grateful that I was given the chance to relax and enjoy. It's a good way to destress from a routinary work And a great time to pause and reflect about life. ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Waah. I've never set foot in Mindanao pa. Sadness! Someday! Hehehe.

Glad you had a great holy week, Jireh! :)

Anonymous said...

glad you had a wonderful time. everybody needs some relaxation time once in a while, definitely. :-) is that dimsum in your pic? yummy..the only japanese foods that i like are beef misono, california maki and sushi. ay, namit pa gd gli ang dw fried shrimp nla nga gna saw2x sa patis.hehe ah, shrimp tempura! hehe