Thursday, March 22, 2007

What Really Makes The World Go Round? Love or Money?

Just a while ago, while on the road looking for computer shops with available Epson ink, our company driver opened a topic about relationships. If, for example, I have two boyfriends, boyfriend number 1 is rich but I don’t love that much and boyfriend number 2 is not that wealthy as the other one but I’m always happy with his company. Whom will I choose to stay with for the rest of my life? That was the question he wanted me to answer. “I don’t know, I’m not in that situation and I haven’t experienced that kind of situation ever since,” that’s what I replied to him.

Our company driver is getting married, that’s why he’s getting so emotional and sentimental lately. Teehee. He’s like the typical man that I really hate. He was able to have more than two girlfriends all at the same time. My gulay! Damu pa kamu da? But just last week I think, he broke up with all his other girlfriends and confessed to each one of them that he’s getting married. What the heck? Why do men love to be in this kind of situation? You would be lucky enough if you meet this kind of man, clearing things up before settling down. Because there are also some who pretends to be a happy-go-lucky-not-committed-man but holy cow he’s already tied to someone else for the rest of his life.

Going back to the main topic, our company driver answered his own question. He chose to be with the woman of his dreams whose not that stable in terms of financial position. He said he has this other girlfriend who wanted him to marry her. She’s got a regular job, financially speaking, she’s very stable. But he’s not that happy with her.

Hmmm.. In the middle of our conversation, I was able to make a title for my blog post for today. What really makes the world go round? Love? Or Money?

For some, money matters. They would justify it with the old gasgas line “matutunan ko rin syang mahalin”. Can love be really learned? What if you would never really fall for that person? Love can’t be forced. How long can one stay in a fake relationship? Fake because there’s no love existing. Maybe there is, but it’s what you call a one-sided relationship. There’s no give and take. What’s the essence of this kind of relationship? Only one gives and the other is just like a parasite, dependent on what the other gives. Pambansang martir ng Pilipinas ang taong bigay lng ng bigay. Lol.

I still go for a meaningful relationship. A relationship based on love, honesty and trust. I don’t want to live in a relationship full of pretensions and lies. I do hope I’d be able to meet someone who will be true inside out; someone who values and respect the real essence of commitment.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi! nice to see a fellow blogger from Bacolod. :-)

Anthony Scott said...

love is a myth, a culture. a fad. it's a very rare feeling. it may come. but it'll also go.

Ace ViƱarta said...

hi michelle.... there are lots of bloggers from bacolod... please add me up sa blog friends mo...

jedz2dmax.livejournal.com

tnx...

jai.. post ko d anay ha... heheeh

jireh said...

@ michelle - thanks for dropping by :0

@ tonskie - yeah, i agree with u... but im still hoping that someone wud come along and wud stay for d rest of my life :) thanks for dropping by :)

@ eys - oist eys! sako gid ko... whew! bag-o lng tapos audit! makatulog na ko ni.. wehehehe :)