Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Instant Cup Noodles

Summer is here. Time passes by so fast. And I’m so happy I was able to finish my monthly reports on time. I thought I would consume the day today trying to finish my task. J I’m finally free and back to the normal routine. I have a lot of cleaning to do, not just here in my office table but also inside my room. Such a messy place I can’t believe I was able to sleep there. If you could only see my room, you’ll be shocked. Hehehe…

And my room is just like my life. It’s messy. I don’t know why I keep on calling my life messy. I’m just confused until now. I can’t decide on what to do next. I seemed to be lost. I’ve got a lot of ideas and plans that I just don’t know which will I do first. I was able to confide to a close friend yesterday about the dilemma that I’m currently facing. And I got struck with what she said. Life is not an instant cup noodles. I really know that I’ve got this attitude of being so aggressive and always on the rush. Sometimes, I tend to make decisions without even thinking of the consequences that will arise after. Not only sometimes, but most of the time. And I know this is one of the reasons why I always end up heartbroken, frustrated and disappointed. I keep on complaining that career growth and salary increase is way too slow and that I need to find another job wherein it could give me a higher compensation and a more promising and challenging profession. I took sometime to pause and think about what’s happening with my life right now. I realize then that I’m 70% closer to my goal. My goal of staying in a company for a year or more than a year would be even better. July is fast approaching. On July 24, I’d be celebrating my first anniversary of working with Waffle Time, Inc. Geesh… Fulfillment J hehehe (ang babaw ng kaligayahan ko!)

Life is indeed not an instant cup noodles. Just like what I’ve learned from the homily yesterday, there is no glory without sacrifice, no pleasure without pain, no resurrection without the way of the cross. During the mass, I was able to contemplate about what Achi Kitch and I had conversed earlier that afternoon. Achi Kitch and I both have the same goals right now. We need to save a lot of moolah to help our family and to start a small business when decide to come home for good. That is our ultimate goal for now. And we need to have enough patience and determination. I know we’ll get through all of these sticky situations. We just need to combine all our past experiences, may it be bad or good with a big amount of faith & prayers and not to forget patience and determination. I know we will succeed and no one can ever put us down. We just need to take things slowly but surely. We don’t need to rush things, we’re young and we have all the time in the world. And now I know that I need to repeat this line to myself everyday. I need to remind myself everyday that rushing things would not always guarantee a positive outcome.

No comments: